Coaching is best described as motivational, positive, inspirational, exciting and action driven. The process of life coaching will help you clearly see where you are now, define where you’d like to be, and then help you find ways to bridge that gap. By raising your level of self-awareness and warmly encouraging you to take responsibility for your actions, life coaching will help you rise to your own individual challenge and achieve more than you ever believed possible. One of the greatest feelings that comes from life coaching is hope.
Obviously the Coach can’t just say a few words and suddenly your world is transformed into a place of bliss and joyful wonder. Coaching involves honest reflection of oneself, commitment, and work. However, if you are tired of doing the same thing and getting the same results time and time again, and really want change in your life, the benefits can be enormous and will impact every area of your life.
Sounds amazing so far doesn’t it, but what if you’re aren’t certain whether the issues you face are something you can work with a coach on? The only way to be really sure is to have an informal chat with Rick, his first meeting is always free and you will know be the end of the meeting whether or not Coaching is right for you. To begin to get an idea of whether a coach would be right for you, look at the following statements and see if any of them apply to you.
- I’ve had a problem, issue, or challenge that’s been around for awhile and I’ve never straightened it out.
- I have something important to resolve but don’t know where to begin.
- Things are OK for me but I want them to be better.
- I feel like I am always playing catch up, like my life is one step behind where I want it to be.
- I focus too much on work and it’s affecting the other parts of my life that are important to me. I work too much and play too little.
- I look forward in my life expecting happiness and satisfaction to come from the next big event like a new job, losing weight, selling my home, getting a raise…………etc. etc.
- I have ideas that I would like to share with someone who will encourage me and guide me to making them a reality, not pour cold water over them.
- I feel alone or stuck in my job and if I talk to my co-workers or boss I’m afraid what I say will be used against me later or they will think that I am a failure.
- I’m having relationship problems and I can’t seem to get them straightened out because one or both of us is unwilling or unable to openly share what we are feeling and if I share them them with family and friends I would feel like I was betraying my partner’s trust.
- I feel like I am in a rut and honestly I just don’t have the motivation to get out of it.
- I don’t seem to have any real direction in my life anymore.
- It seems that I don’t get the same satisfaction that I used to from my work.
- I ’ve forgotten, or never learned, how to take pleasure in the little things life offers.
- I seem to judge and talk about other people and their problems quite often.
- I seem to have lost my “give a damn” about most things.
- It’s been awhile since I have felt excited or hopeful about my life.
- I have a fear in my life that I want to overcome.
If one or more of these statements applies to you, then you are the kind of person that coaching could help make the difference you want in your life.